Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Review:Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Review of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Note:Unedited and this is an old review I did from like February that I never posted

I'll start off with the negative and move towards the positive of this book. The negatives are all kinda personal things for me. They are that this book is kinda graphic. Well not really, but compare it to other teen vampire books and well it's just a little more. I, I know-I know, am a little squeemish talking about blood. Yes, I have obbession with vampires-don't ask how the 2 coincide-they don't. It also deals with suicide-or at least it is mentioned-which is a little bit of a touchy subject for me and I ususally stay away from books that talk about it.

That being said-I read the book anyway and I loved it. It is a wonderful book. It is well written and well thought out. I really like how Ms. Mead doesn't give it some happy ending where the girl gets the guy. No. It was as real as vampire supernatural/fantasy gets. I am very excited to read Frostbite, which is the next book in the series. I doubt I will get an advanced copy of it, so y'all have to wait till April for it :(