Sunday, March 23, 2008

Twilight: The Film

alrighty, this is deviating from my usual review posts but i have been asked by a few to do a blog on this so here it is. I really wish I could be like completely Anti-Twilight.

but I can't

I read Twilight for the 1st time back in 2006, before it was "OMG TWILIGHT" kinda like those Potter fans who liked Harry Potter before it was "HARRY POTTER"

It will always have aclose place to my heart. It was the 1st vampire book I read(aide from Anne Rice's books, which I had read before this) Recently(as in last year) I kinda moved away from Twilight and got into other vampire books. Not that I don't like Twilight but............the fandom has gotten so big it's kinda hard to keep up with it.

Now, I had been semi-following the casting the film as per the hype. I figured hey, I'd better be in on this cause I mean, I can't run a teen vampire site if I have zero clue whats going on.

Bad Idea. Twilight has officially retaken my life. i forgot why I loved it in the 1st place. I have recently re-read all the books with the cast members in my mind and they fit wonderfully. My personal favorite cast member is Peter Facinelli, who plays Dr. Carlisle Cullen. As a friend said, He IS Carlisle. Carlisle thought it would befunny if he tried out for the role of himself. The rest of the cast is wonderful as well. I'll be doing a post on Kellan Lutz(Emmett) soon and to celebrate the re-opening of Vita Dei, I'm going to redo my reviews of the Twilight series.

I know a lot of other teen vampire authors don't really like the series and I respect that. but.............they are great books, I am very glad to see that they have gone so far and I am glad to consider myself a fan.

No comments: