Sunday, April 13, 2008

Review:Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Review of Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine
Note:Not Edited

This series continues to get better and better, in my opinion. A big secret is revealed in this novel, that makes the whole series make a lot more sense. If you guys remember from my reviews of the last 2 books, I often said that I didn't get why characters where doing such things-well now I know why. I also finally found myself a favorite character who I am in love with, his name is Myrnin(I think that is how it's spelled-I don't have the book in front of me) He is a super-genius vampire and is of great importance(I don't want to ruin the big secret/revelation/ect. for anyone-so I won't say why:)) He is also Claire's new instructor. His character is truly and interesting one and I really felt for him. I'm glad(I think) he is going to be in the next book Feast Of Fools, which is due out in June( I believe) This book also once again has Eve, Michael and Shane in it-3 great characters who help move the plot along nicely. Ms. Caine is a wonderful writer who I feel does a wonderful job. Sometimes I feel that some YA/Teen writers writer "down" at their audience which Ms. Caine does not do. She creates great visuals. And.........letting my filmmaker side out right now which I try not to let happen ......she has WONDERFUL dialog. There is nothing more annoying to me than a great storyline with crappy dialog.

Anyway, A wonderful read and I would recommend this series to anyone. I am pretty sure I won't be reading Feast of Fools in advance but I know I will be picking it up in June!

No comments: