Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Review:Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine

Publisher's Summary:
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn’t the only threat.Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.


As a reviewer I have had the privaledge of following this series since it's beginning and it is wonderful to have seen in grow to such lengths. Like most of the Morganville Vampire books, this one, like its predecessors, shines at the climax of the novel. It also had a lot more pagetime of my favorite Morganville Vamp-Myrnin, which had only been a supporting character till this point. Ms Caine makes a very good, unique vampire world. This books predecessor, Feast of Fools, was my favorite of the series and was hard to top. While Lord of Misrule was wonderful, it solved few problems and added one BIG one for main characters. Good thing there's 3/4 more books coming in this series. I know I'll be following it till the end.

1 comment:

Donna Sirianni said...

I just have to say, I really like your blog and I'm going to head over to your Trainspotting one as well. Just a few more books to add to your list which I haven't seen:

Mari Mancusi's trilogy, Boys That Bite, Girls that Growl and Stake That! I've heard wonderful things about it and they're sitting in my TBR pile at the moment. They're older but at the rate you read, you could use them as filler.

There's also the Cirque du Freak series. Personally I think this fits somewhere between MG and YA but the character grows really quickly and it's an awesome and very fast read. I've read the first three.

Anyway, keep up the good work!