Thursday, April 2, 2009

Review: Duchessina by Carolyn Meyer

Publisher's Description
Young Catherine de' Medici is the sole heiress to the entire fortune of the wealthy Medici family. But her life is far from luxurious. After a childhood spent locked away behind the walls of a convent, she joins the household of the pope, where at last she can be united with her true love. But, all too soon, that love is replaced with an engagement to a boy who is cold and aloof. It soon becomes clear that Catherine will need all the cunning she can muster to command the respect she deserves as one of France's most powerful queens. Includes a family tree.

I'm a huge historical fiction fan and I love Catherine de' Medici-one of my favorite political figures of all time. In all, I liked the book, however most of the time Catherine is under the age of 14 and while she is very mature for her age, I prefer more mature characters. Interesting book, I learned a few things about her I didn't already know. Not exactly the most memorable book( reason why this review is so short) but a nice short read if your interested in this kind of thing. I read it in a day, so I'm sure most of you won't have any problems with it.

No comments: